Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Third Annual Art of Transformation

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

THE ART OF TRANSFORMATION

Disadvantaged youth find hope in art and self-expression



SAUSALITO, CA (May 2, 2009) – More than 200 children will participate in The Art of Transformation, a groundbreaking art exhibition that honors the extraordinary creations of children who receive treatment from Lincoln Child Center, Red Hill Academy, Sand Paths Academy, and Seneca Center. The Collective agencies are all Bay Area non-profit organizations that provide mental health services for both children and families.



“The Exhibition’s premise is that the process of making art can provide a beacon of hope, and transform the lives of children, their family dynamics and the world we live in,” according to the agency art therapists. “This exhibit provides an opportunity for the public to learn more about therapeutic art, the children who benefit from it, and the positive impact it has on their lives.” The Art of Transformation’: Imagine your Dreams will spotlight our children’s vivid imagination and their interpretations of their lives.



The exhibit will open for viewing on April 18, 2009 and to culminate with an art auction. Throughout the show art pieces are available for sale. A silent auction will be held for select pieces. In addition, there will be a live auction featuring art pieces from each agency and others donated by bay area artists. Guests will enjoy a panel discussion, entertainment, hors d’oeuvres, and beverages.



When: Saturday, May 2, 2009 at 6:00 pm

Where: Studio 333, 333A Caledonia Street, Sausalito, CA

What: A fundraiser to benefit the children and art departments of participating agencies

$20 - $50 suggested donation at the door (sliding scale)

6:00 pm Doors open, hors d’oeuvres and beverages

6:30-7:00 pm Panel Discussion

8:00-11:00 pm Music and entertainment

8:30 pm Silent auction closes

Live Auction for select pieces every 45 minutes.





Media Contacts:



Lincoln Child Center: Kimball Lane, 510.482.6645, kimballlane@lincolncc.org

Red Hill Academy: Jodie Mathison, 415.256.9312 x232 jmathison@redhillacademy.org

Sand Paths Academy: Annie Crowder, 415.826.2662, crowder980@comcast.net

Seneca Center: Anne Farrah, 510.317.1446 x227, anne_farrah@senecacenter.org

Studio 333: Christopher Holbrook, 415.290.0934, christopher@studio333.info

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog!!! As a survivor and “thriver” of a coma, 27 surgeries, and a decade of medical trauma. I know firsthand the healing power of nature and the arts. They were my way of connecting with the world, sharing my story, and spreading my message of hope, strength, and finding beauty in whatever life brings you. Since our blogs and message seem to resonate with one another, I’d love to link to your blog or to feature each others!

    I’d love for you to check out my own blog, where I continue to share that message - Allspice & Acrylics: A Celebration of Life and It's Beautiful Detours. http://www.allspiceandacrylics.blogspot.com/

    This is my description:

    I am an artist, performer, musician, foodie, creator, and life-lover on a beautiful detour after at age 18, a sudden blood clot caused me to fall into a coma for months. Piecing together my life after my initial dreams of performing musical theatre took a turn into broader horizons. I believe it is my mission to spread messages of hope and strength while doing what I love to do, which is CREATE. Art, Music, Theatre, Writing - the world is full of everyday miracles and beautiful detours...

    The blog is my daily uncovering and discovery of gratitude, reflections on nature, healing, inspiration and art. I have always connected with nature, but at the time I needed it most, they provided me with the ultimate strength to get through.

    You can see some of my art – most of it was actually created in hospitals – on my online gallery:
    http://amyoes.com/Artist/MixedMediaGallery

    And learn more about my story here:
    http://amyoes.com/Home/About


    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete